Join us , August, 20, from for our annual summer potluck. If you plan to attend, please bring a sweet or savory dish to share, and a serving utensil, if needed. Feel free to include a label saying what you’ve made or brought – and please clearly label any nut dishes as some of our members have serious allergies.
If you’d like to help with set-up or clean-up, please let us know by emailing the board. In addition, don’t forget to bring your finished projects for show ‘n tell and, if you wish, a hand sewing project to work on while we socialize.
|Our potluck will likely be slightly less fancy, but just as wonderful.
Guidelines for the scrap swap and string blocks:
- Everyone is welcome to participate, but there is NO obligation to do so. This is for fun, and for future charity quilts.
- Please don’t bring your entire scrap stash (unless it’s small)! Be reasonable, and be prepared to take a few pieces home with you. Whatever is left on the table will be bagged and sent home with Laura McDowell Hopper to be used in her dog-bed project.
- You may take scraps even if you choose not to make a charity block… especially if you bring scraps to swap.
- If you do take a block base and fabric to make a block, please follow through. We need enough participation to generate at least 24 blocks to make a small lap quilt. Someone will be collecting the blocks at future meetings.
- When you are ready to sew your block, you can choose to do a completely scrappy design, or to make a monochromatic block. There will be samples at the meeting to view.
We have no specific timeline on piecing the charity quilts, but Debbie will host a sew-day at her house on a date to be announced in the future. Questions? Email the board or reach out to Debbie. We look forward to celebrating summer, fabric, and charity efforts together!
All meetings are 2-5 pm on the third Sunday of the month, unless otherwise noted.
Rush Oak Park Hospital
520 S. Maple Ave Oak Park, IL 60304
A list of our meetings can be found here.
Not a member, but would like to be? Click the button below to join our Guild!
We hope to see you there!