The Chicago Modern Quilt Guild was recently the beneficiary of a wonderful gift from Susanne Woods the Publisher and Founder of Lucky Spool Media (and a member of the Board of Directors of the Modern Quilt Guild). She offered a library of books from her company to large Modern Quilt Guilds in good standing, and we took her up on it!
- All books joining the library must be brand new or like new (meaning all patterns, pieces, and pages intact and in good condition)
- Since the library is being carried to and from meetings, it will not be too big to fit in the library crate, so once it gains that size, books with very few check-outs will be retired and given away.
- If a book goes too long without being checked out, it may also be retired and given away.
- All library business will be conducted on Guild meeting days before, during, and right after meetings.
- Each check out lasts the duration between one meeting and the next.
- To check out a book you will be required to provide your name and email address.
- If a book is already checked out, a waiting list will begin for that book (but if you are not present at a meeting, the next person on the list may check it out at that meeting).
- The librarian may send reminder emails prior to meetings as a reminder to return the book to the meeting.
- If you lose or seriously damage a guild library book, you may be responsible for replacing the book.
- When making a project from a guild library book, please insure that all pages and pattern pieces or pull outs remain intact by copying or tracing the pieces that you would need.
- If you engage in social media and post projects made from these books, please tag or otherwise hat tip the author and (if possible) the publisher (especially Lucky Spool Media!).
- If you liked the book, please write reviews or rate the book on websites like Amazon.