Our June meeting was a Sew-In. We met at Magical Minds Studio which is an art studio for children located in Oak Park, IL. It was a great space to gather, sew, and chat. Members worked on our charity project for Sarah’s Inn or their own personal projects.
Here are some photos from our sew-in – a good time was had by all!
We then ended the meeting with some Show and Tell. Refer to our guilds Instagram account (@chicagomqg or click on the “On Instagram” picture in the right side bar) to see some amazing quilts made by our members and more photos from our sew-in.
Announcements from June’s meeting:
- On Saturday, July 16th we will be hosting Latifah Saafir for a Glam Clam Workshop. The workshop is currently sold-out. To be added to the wait list (which includes both members and non-members), please send an email to Dianne Bienick @ email@example.com.
- On Sunday, July 17th we will be hosting Latifah Saafir for a Truck Show/Lecture. Her lecture will be “BEING TRUE TO YOUR INNER ARTIST”. We will be meeting in our usual location at RUSH Oak Park Hospital.
- Our August 21st Meeting will be a Summer Potluck and Social. We will also be conducting the lottery for our October, 2016 retreat. Please click here for information regarding the lottery process. More information (including price) will be provided in a later post.
- Donna Moscinski is working on a presentation for our October 2016 meeting. She wants to share the creative spaces of our members. This can be your table space at retreat, a corner of your living room, a spare bedroom, or a full fledge studio space. If you would like to be part of this special project, please send an email to Donna @firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will be hosting Jacquie Gering for a Workshop in July, 2017. Our Special Events Chairperson, Heather Kinion, is looking for a location to host this workshop. She is looking for a space that can accommodate 24 people with sewing machines and several ironing stations. Must also be reasonably priced. If you know of any place in your area or have any questions, please send an email to Heather @ email@example.com.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
– written by Dianne B.
– edited/posted by Erin D.