Hello Chicago Modern Quilt Guild!
It is time to register for our members’ spring retreat that will be March 14-16, 2014 at the Siena Center in Racine, WI. We will be conducting a lottery for 22* spaces at the retreat.
The cost is $185 per person and includes the following:
- 1 private single bed & showers with linens provided (we encourage you to bring your own towel, pillow and Quilt!)
- 6 meals in the retreat dining room (Friday evening; Saturday morning, noon, & night; Sunday morning & noon)
- Check in 2pm on Friday; check out 5pm on Sunday
- 1 six foot table for workspace
If you wish to go full payment is due at the January 19, 2014 meeting. Please bring to the meeting a sealed envelope that contains the following two things:
- Your name, address, phone number & email address on a piece of paper or sticky note (separate from your check),
- Full payment (cash or check).
If you are not able to be at the meeting, but want to go to the retreat you can mail your payment & contact information to the treasurer**. Mailed checks *must be received* by the treasurer prior to the meeting to be part of the lottery. Postmarked by dates will not apply. You may send your envelope with a friend who will be at the meeting.
Envelopes will be collected at the beginning of the meeting. At the break envelopes will be drawn and numbered in the order drawn. This will determine a person’s spot in the retreat. The board reserves the right to hold spaces for individuals who are in service to the guild. For example, at for Spring 2014 we are holding two spots, one for a CMQG officer and one for a Retreat Captain. If there are more envelopes than spots, a wait list will be created.
Only confirmed places will have their checks cashed. If you wish to be on the wait list, the treasurer will hold on to your payment and contact you as soon as a spot opens. All waitlisted payments not used toward the retreat will be returned at the guild meeting following the retreat.
If you have to cancel, notify the treasurer. She will attempt to fill your space off the wait list. If you are on the waitlist and you decline a spot, your payment will be returned. If you cancel and the space is not filled, you will be responsible for the full cost of the retreat.
* We will have 24 members in attendance
** Current CMQG treasurer: Sarah C. Evans, PO Box 2814, Chicago IL 60690