Just as we end one mini swap, it’s sign up time for yet another! Want to make a new friend? Then join the Ann Arbor + Chicago mini swap! Sign-ups will be open until . During the first week of April, you’ll get information about a friend from the Ann Arbor guild so that you can create a mini quilt just for them. You will receive a mini quilt from a secret friend as well.
Make sure to use #a2chicagominiswap on Instagram to show off your progress or post some inspiration for your partner!
How to participate in the swap:
1. Sign up using this Google form ( deadline).
2. Get an email with your secret swap partner in the first week of April 2018.
3. Learn about your new friend with information from the form and by checking out their online profiles and social media posts. Create an awesome mini quilt for them. (Due for shipping at the May meeting) Be sure to label who the quilt is for! If you’d like to include a note to your partner, that would be great as well.
4. Come to the June or July 2018 meeting to get your mini!*
Go here to sign-up for the swap!
Here are some general guidelines for the swap:
- Quilts should be no smaller than 10 inches on any side and no bigger than 24 inches on any side.
- Don’t let your partner know who you are! They will find out when they receive your quilt.
- Use the #a2chicagominiswap hashtag on Instagram to show off your progress or post some inspiration for your partner.
- Do good work. Make something you’d be happy to receive.
- No extras, please. Just your awesome mini quilt.
- Have fun!
All meetings are 2-5 pm on the third Sunday of the month, unless otherwise noted.
This month’s meeting is on March 18 2-5pm
Rush Oak Park Hospital
520 S. Maple Ave Oak Park, Il 60304
A list of our meetings can be found here.
Not a member, but would like to be? Click the button below to join our Guild!
We hope to see you there!